Using modern automated collection vehicles, all of which run on low-polluting alternative fuels, our safe and friendly drivers provide dependable waste collection, while our professional customer service staff is trained and standing by to answer all of your service-related questions. Either submit a service request or call us directly at 1-760-379-2618.
We look forward to servicing all of your waste needs.
Don’t forget to refer your neighbor and earn $20 in Trash Cash!
Residential Cart Service FAQs:
Service Area - We service residential accounts within the entire Kern River Valley area east of KRI (HWY 178) and Green horn Summit (Hwy 155), north of the Havilah Store (Caliente-Bodfish Rd), West of Walker Pass (Hwy 178), and South of the Tulare Line.
TYPES OF SERVICE:
- Curbside Service - Collection service made from a distance no more than three (3) feet from the curb or alley line.
- Walk-In Service - Collection service in excess of three (3) feet from the curb or alley line, or the line of any public right-of-way or public thoroughfare. For collection service made in excess of one hundred (100) feet from the curb or alley line, an additional charge equal to fifty percent (50%) of the established walk-in rate shall be charged for each one hundred (100) feet or fraction thereof.
- Single Family Unit - A dwelling designed for or occupied by one family
- Multi Family Unit - A dwelling or portion thereof designed for or occupied by two or more families living independently of each other. (i.e. Duplex, Triplex, Mobile Home Parks)
- Rural Area & Off-Public Road Service - Areas outside of our franchise zone and/or areas which are sparsely populated or which are unable to be accessed from a public roadway. Designated rural and off-public road areas are specially rated.
- Residential/Commercial Service - Service provided at a residence that doubles as a business, i.e. Home/Beauty Shop
RESIDENTIAL GUIDELINES FOR STANDARD SERVICE:
- Includes a weekly collection of one (1) 90 gallon cart per residence/family unit.
- Place cart three (3) feet from curb or alley with lid facing the street by 5:00 am on your scheduled collection day. If the cart is not out by 5:00 am and you request us to return to service your cart, a $5.00 fee will be charged to the customer’s account.
- Cart lid must be completely closed to prevent public health problems, spillage or damage.
- A cart will not be serviced if it exceeds 200 pounds.
- Allow at least six (6) feet of space between each cart.
- Allow at least six (6) feet of space between cart and any parked vehicle(s) or other objects.
- Any garbage or refuse that can cause odor, attract insects, vermin or rodents shall be put in properly closed containers or bags before placing into cart.
- Animal droppings & Kitty litter
- Fruit droppings
- Leaves & grass
- Cold ashes
- Packing peanuts and other items that are easily caught by the wind.
- Limbs, trees and shrubs shall be cut to a length that will easily fit into and fall out of cart.
- Cart will not be serviced from locations where overhead obstructions throughout the route of entrance or exit are lower than fifteen (15) feet in height. Supply conductors and cables 750-22,500 volts must exceed twenty (20) feet in height.
- Cart will not be serviced inside of a building.
- Do not compact waste in cart
- Service will not be rendered to any property where vicious animals are at large.
- Additional carts are available for a nominal fee.
All accepted waste should be properly bagged and placed into the cart. The cart lid must be completely closed.
- Household Rubbish – Glass, cans papers, cold ashes, rags, and general household cleanings.
- Garbage – Food waste intended for human consumption or the residue thereof.
- Yard Waste – Any materials produced from the yard or garden
LARGE HOUSEHOLD/BULKY ITEMS:
Standard residential service includes curbside collection of customer’s bulky household waste items (appliances, furniture, etc.) on the first and third Wednesday of each month. To receive this service, the customer must contact our office. Each customer is limited to four (4) items per year.
The following items should never be placed in the cart provided by Thomas Refuse Service and therefore require special handling and disposal. If you have questions as to whether your item(s) is considered prohibited or on how to properly dispose of such item, please email our office at info@ThomasRefuse.com or call us at 760-379-2618.
- Hazardous Waste and/or Materials – Items such as household cleaners, paints, batteries, etc.
- Infectious/Biomedical Waste – Items such as human waste, animal waste and objects and materials contaminated with blood and body fluids containing disease causing micro organisms or viruses.
- Medical Injection Needles or Lancets
- Liquid of Any Kind
- Electronic Waste – Items such as cell phones, computers, TVs, VCRs, etc.
- Fluorescent Tubes & Bulbs
- Automobile Waste – Items such as tires, batteries, motor oil, etc.
- Dead Animals
Service will NOT be provided on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. If your collection day falls on or after one of the observed holidays listed above, service will be delayed one day that week. For example: If the holiday falls on a Monday, service will run from Tuesday through Saturday that week.
If you plan to be out of town for two (2) or more weeks, call us before you leave so we can put you on a "Vacation Hold". Your account will not be billed for the time you are gone.
PAYING YOUR BILL:
- All rates are based on a single party billing.
- Customers are billed quarterly in advance. If monthly billing is requested, a minimum service charge of $1.00 per month will be billed to the customer’s account.
- Payment is due upon receipt of bill and becomes past due twenty-five (25) days from billing date.
- A minimum service charge of $1.00 will be added to all past due accounts.
- Accounts thirty (30) days past due will result in discontinuance of service and a service charge will be applied.
- A $25.00 service charge will be applied for Non Sufficient Funds or Stop Payment Checks.
- Unable to pay on time? Call us to discuss reasonable payment options.
- We accept online PayPal payments through our Bill Pay system.
- We accept cash, personal checks, money orders, MasterCard, and Visa
- Customer must provide written notice to discontinue service.
- Customer must ensure Thomas Refuse Service has removed all cart (s) prior to discontinuing service. Customer shall remain liable for care, custody and control of the cart(s) prior to removal by Thomas Refuse Service.
DEPOSITS & REFUNDS:
- The balance of any funds held by Thomas Refuse Service may be held to offset losses due to damage or loss of cart (s).
- The balance of any deposit(s) and/or refunds due customer shall be mailed to the customer within thirty (30) days of written notice by the customer to discontinue service.